Rants, comments, thoughts and funny - mostly funny - on all things Michigan and college football.

If you have ideas, tips, links or pictures for the blog, e-mail us at: MichiganZone at gmail dot com.

Thanks for checking out the M Zone. And if you enjoy the site, please pass the link on to a friend or two. We'd sure appreciate it.

Twitter: @MZoneBlog

Facebook/MZoneBlog

Best Of Tat and Tresselgate

M Zone Videos

Best Of MZone 2.0

Best Of The Original MZone

Tosu Favorites

MZone Archive

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hail to...Farmer's Insurance?

So I'm reading the October 4, 2010 issue of TIME magazine and I come across the ad pictured below.

Now, I can't read sheet music and thus don't know about the melody, but the lyrics sure seem like they were inspired by another fight song...


I'm not exactly sure why an insurance company needs a fight song. I'd rather they fire their in-house lyricist and spend that money on a guy who understands you can't get a loaner car for $15 bucks a day.

In a related story, Allstate claims there is no truth to the rumor they're working on their own fight song called "Don't Give A Damn If Your Whole Car Got Totaled Again."

5 comments:

phil said...

This song would be much better:

Hang on sloopy, sloopy hang on
Hang on sloopy, sloopy hang on

Sloopy lives in a very bad part of town
we ain’t gonna insure her cause that’s where it’s going down
Sloopy I don't care, what your deductible be
Cuz you know sloopy, girl, I ain’t insuring you, see.

and so I say now

Hang on sloopy, sloopy hang on
Hang on sloopy, sloopy hang on

Ed Cormany said...

welp, it is public domain, so there's nothing to be done about it. but i think they just alienated (rather than endeared themselves to) 450K+ potential customers.

srudoff said...

I hear Farmers has lost a BUNCH of agents lately - just quit and went to other companies. Something about their policies not having much value to families.

justthinking said...

Sleep well Yost - I can read music and that is NOT the Victors. I don't think you would find any similarities if you actually heard this cheesy "fight song".

wv: lessl (rhymes with t.....)

Yost said...

Well done, JT! Whew. Although I still think those lyrics found their inspiration in A2.