Rants, comments, thoughts and funny - mostly funny - on all things Michigan and college football.

If you have ideas, tips, links or pictures for the blog, e-mail us at: MichiganZone at gmail dot com.

Thanks for checking out the M Zone. And if you enjoy the site, please pass the link on to a friend or two. We'd sure appreciate it.

Twitter: @MZoneBlog

Facebook/MZoneBlog

Best Of Tat and Tresselgate

M Zone Videos

Best Of MZone 2.0

Best Of The Original MZone

Tosu Favorites

MZone Archive

Monday, August 27, 2007

Revamped Pre-Season Poll

After thinking about it, mulling it over and, most importantly, listening to your comments, here is my final pre-season poll for MGoBlog's Blogpoll.

RankTeamDelta
1 Southern Cal 25
2 Texas 24
3 LSU 23
4 Oklahoma 22
5 Penn State 21
6 Virginia Tech 20
7 California 19
8 Florida 18
9 Georgia 17
10 Michigan 16
11 Louisville 15
12 Tennessee 14
13 Miami (Florida) 13
14 Ohio State 12
15 West Virginia 11
16 Texas A&M 10
17 Hawaii 9
18 Oregon 8
19 Nebraska 7
20 UCLA 6
21 Wisconsin 5
22 Florida State 4
23 Auburn 3
24 Boston College 2
25 Missouri 1

Dropped Out:


The biggest changes based on your input and my second thoughts are:

* I added Mizzou and FSU and dropped out Boise State and ASU. I think Boise had their run and, as an outsider, won't be able to recover from the lost I think Hawaii will give them. If they lose that one, they don't play anybody else that will help them "recover" in the polls.

* Also, based on your opinions, I dropped UGA down a few places. I still am picking them as my "sleeper" top 10 team, just not as high as I had them before (the whole idea of sleeper meaning nobody saw them being that good when the season started). Everyone's input made me reconsider my previous ranking there.

Finally, as I always say -- preseason polls don't mean squat. I don't think one can get a true indication of a team until three games are played. But where's the fun in that, right?

3 comments:

Jim said...

So a one-loss Boise State team doesn't even merit Top 25 status? Seems harsh.

Yost said...

Jim,

One loss, maybe not. But I think they're going to lose to Washington, too.

Kirbdaddy said...

Penn State #5??? What are you smoking, Yost???