Before we get to our Top 25 in this week's Blogpoll at MGoBlog, a couple thoughts on the weekend that just passed...
* Michigan - what some said was a "boring" game in our comments section, I call a complete, dominating performance against our intra-state rival. Also, not to sound cheesey, but Hart really is the "heart" and soul of this team. As he goes, Michigan will go. I don't think Michigan has had a more consistent player this season.
* While we ranked Florida #2 in our poll, a strong case could be made for putting them at #1. The main reason folks gave for picking this team lower in the pre-season was their "tough schedule." But the Gators are facing it down and then some. Very impressive. And Tim Tebow's "jump shot" was classic.
* We jumped Tennesse up big time in this poll because, with Cal ripping Oregon, the Vols victory over the Bears becomes that much more impressive. Couple that with the fact that UT's only loss is by one point to Florida and this, to us, is the best one loss team in the country.
* USC got lucky. Period. While there is no guarantee the Huskies would have scored if given one more play, they definitely should have been able to run it (after the final Husky first down, the clock should have been stopped with 4 or 5 seconds left, not 2). Nice to see Spartan Bob moved to SoCal. Furthermore, this is the second week in a row the Trojans have looked less than impressive.
* Clemson is the one team we might have to look at before submitting our final ballot. If you saw their game, you know they lucked out against Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons had a collapse of Spartan-esque proportions, giving the game away.
Ok, your turn. Leave us your thoughts on the poll below.